Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The valentine mouse


The valentine mouse, originally uploaded by skweerell.

Happy Valentines Day! These are the mice with valentine cheese hearts that I made for Ro and Sim since they both have mice fixations. They both seemed quite pleased with them especially Ro. We also made strawberry heart shaped pancakes for breakfast and little heart cookies this afternoon and we ate lots of pink jelly beans.

We spent the weekend working on valentines for Ro's school valentine party. They were simple painted hearts glued onto larger sheets of paper and then we did glue and glitter decoration on them. No big deal - but so much fun and both kids loved making them. Anyhow, Ro gets home from school and jumps off the bus and says, "No one made me a valentine!" I was horrified -- thinking no one gave him one but that didn't sound right as the teachers had sent home notes saying send a dozen valentines to school tomorrow. !!!Don't Forget!!! However, Ro was right. No one MADE him a valentine. He got plenty of little valentines but he was the only one in class with homemade valentines. He didn't seem particularly troubled by the idea but he noticed the difference. His teacher sent me a note saying he was very proud of them, which made me happy. I was a bit disappointed though as I was expecting a 50/50 made vs. storebought. Are people really too busy to cut out a few paper hearts with their children?

3 Comments:

Blogger lisa said...

i was debating whether to make valentines for all of henry's classmates this year or not. i got the impression from the teacher that they wanted the kids to go the easiest possible route -- store-bought valentines -- so that no one would feel bad about not having made them. i wish we had made them together, though. (although it would have taken *hours* to get through all of the valentines for his classmates.) he's had a good time making ten million or so valentines for me, though. :) i feel well loved.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Elaine said...

Hi Greta! I love the Valentine mouse and cheese, they are so cute. Valentine's Day isn't one of my favorite holidays, but even I was able to do something. (rubber stamped tags for goodie bags--with Union Pacific tracks on the back courtesy of Joaquin). I just didn't want to buy those that Linda mentioned, even if they are .79 cents. Hmm, I can probably get them 1/2 price right now!

6:19 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Where have you gone??? we miss you

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home