Friday, March 17, 2006

NOW! thank you

Sim is pretty quick to be polite. She says Thank you for almost everything you give her and even for taking her places that she likes. She thanked me for taking her to the grocery store the other day -- but she also says thank you when she's being naughty. I feel like she does it to convince me and others that we are in fact giving something to her rather than her simply taking it. She'll get into an occasional squabble with Roen and she's desperately trying to wrench the toy from his grasp all the while saying (and sometimes shouting), "Thank you! Thank you, Roen!"

She has a fixation with my spice drawer and is always rummaging in it. She recently realized she could drag the stool from the bathroom to the kitchen and have better access to the spices. She especially loves unwrapping stock cubes. So, if I catch her at it she'll wave the cube at me and go running off shouting, "Thank you, thank you Mommy!" I have tried and tried to convince her that it's not candy but it doesn't dissuade her from wanting to unwrap them all.

Her other big word of the moment is NOW!
Tea!... NOW!
Maisy! NOW!
Mommy! NOW!
At this point, it's novel and kind of funny... but something we'll have to nip in the bud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home