Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Fall

Autumn is setting in and I'm excited. It's my favorite season. So, we went on a nature walk yesterday. We saw four deer and many Canada geese, squirrels and chipmunks. We spent awhile playing with a grasshopper, which gave Simone many happy squeals of delight. We also saw Monarchs, crickets and bees and threw leaves into a marsh. I was especially happy to find the crickets because I've been trying to explain the chirping sounds they can make but I've been unable to actually find a cricket to show them.

At home, my gardens are mostly dying. The sunflowers are heavy and bent over and look rather like a showerhead. Some of my sunflower heads are the size of a dinner plate, huge and very heavy. Simone liked to stand under the sunflowers and squeal, "Shower! Shower!" and then I vigorously rub all the stamens off and they fall all over her.

Ro is already asking how much longer until we get some snow. I think winter is definitely his favorite season. He'll get his wish soon enough as fall always seems to short too me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day you had. I love this time of year too although our falls are definitely not as fall-like as yours'. I really admire your parenting style, you seem so centered and calm. I remember when I was patient. I'm not sure if Joaquin even has a favorite season. With the very slight differences in seasons we have here, it may just all seem like a series of sunny days though, with some just a bit cooler or hotter than others. I'll have to pay more attention.

2:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home