Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Off to Kindergarten


Big Yellow, originally uploaded by skweerell.

Ro had his first day of kindergarten on Friday. He had a practice day last Wednesday but Friday was the first real day where he took the big, yellow bus both ways. So far, it's going well.

I was quite surprised when he suddenly got a lot more opinionated on Friday morning. He didn't want to wear the clothes I picked out at all. He picked out his own outfit. He also didn't want the snack that I picked out. He picked out a different one. Ro usually doesn't have an opinion about clothes.

I had a meeting at the school Friday so I got to sneak a peek at Ro running around on the playground with some other boys. When he got home I asked him what the boys names were and he didn't know. He frequently identifies kids by their shirt color and today was no different. He said, "I played with the boy with a red shirt and a boy with a black shirt."

His teacher is doing some fun things with them. They made gingerbread men today and the teacher put them in the oven - but then they disappeared. They ran away apparently but the left a message in the oven and small brown footprints in the classroom but Roen doesn't know where they went. He was so excited by the whole idea that he didn't even eat snack at school today during choice time. He used his free time to scour the classroom for the gingerbread men with no success. The message said they're in the Main Office and they'll come back soon or something.

I have to say, it's so nice to have Ro tell me about school. Last year, he would only say "It's fine." Or, just tell me that he didn't want to talk about it. Now, he wants to talk all the time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So lucky. When I ask Joaquin about school, he says it's a secret.I don't know if he's studying to be in the FBI or what.

12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home