Monday, July 31, 2006

strange tastes

Sim has gotten to be a fussy eater. sigh. It frustrates me to no end but I know it's part of being two.
It's just sooooooo annoying when a child won't eat dinner but then she'll pop a glob of blue playdough in her mouth without a moment's hesitation. I think I make food that tastes significantly better than playdough albeit less salty. I can't allow her access to playdough anymore because she eats it immediately. It used to be that she'd play with it for 10 minutes and then start snacking but not anymore.

She turns her nose up at breakfast but then I discover her sucking down half a tube of baby toothpaste (no fluoride).
She won't eat lunch but then she'll gobble up a tube of lip balm accidently left within her reach. I ate a tube of orange flavored lip balm when I was a kid myself, so I can see her attraction to that one but toothpaste and playdough seem really icky.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree toothpaste and play do are icky. I don't remember eating anything weird but I did stick my apple core up one nostril when I was done with it...

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home