Saturday, June 17, 2006

Strawberry picking


Strawberry picking, originally uploaded by skweerell.

We went strawberry picking yesterday, which was also Sim's birthday. She's two years old now. The strawberries were so delicious this year. I think we'll be heading back for more. I've been growing some wild strawberries in my front garden, which are also yummy and quite different in flavor from the hybridized farm varieties. I'm thinking of putting in a patch next year as the kids enjoy picking them so much.

I also put in a sunflower forest this year. I'll photograph it soon. It's thriving except for squirrel predation. Those creatures will eat the plants as well as the seeds and I've been forced to cayenne the plants to deter them. We have more than our fair share of squirrels around here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is an awesome photograph :)

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home