Friday, April 29, 2005

You look like a lumberjack...

While we were out for lunch today, Ro kept standing up in the booth and asking the man behind us if he had any Christmas trees. He did this over and over and I was so perplexed as to why he was doing this. The man was friendly but baffled as you might expect. Daddy finally figured out that the guy's red checked shirt and hat made him resemble the lumberjack in Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree, hence Ro's persistent questioning.

The encounter set Ro off for the rest of the afternoon. He kept on and on about wanting a Christmas tree, so I finally dug around and pulled out a small Lego pine tree that I thought we could decorate. Ro was appalled with a capital A. He wanted a real tree, thank you very much. A bit later, he came up to me and asked for a saw. I said I didn't have one on hand and asked why he wanted it. He says, "I want to go cut down a Christmas tree and bring it inside". Then, he pointed at the ugly 15-foot pine tree at the end of our driveway. I laughed so much. It's so ugly and just way too big. He's just so desperate for Christmas to come again.

On top of all this, Ro has started calling himself Olive - as in Olive, the other reindeer, which we also read recently. If I ask him to do anything, he's always saying," Nooooooo, I'm Olive, the other reindeer!" and then he runs off barking. When Ro was two, he spent a week being a dog, which was funny but frustrating because it went on soooooo long and he wanted to eat on the floor and the whole nine doggy yards. I'm wondering how long Olive will be with us. Maybe it's his strange way of telling us he needs a pet?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home