Monday, November 21, 2005

here comes the bride

Ro is currently a little fixated on brides. His Brum video shows Brum returning a bride to her wedding after mistakenly stepping on a skateboard and being carried away. So...I showed him our wedding pictures. He was enchanted. He loved seeing Mommy and Daddy and his grandparents. But then, he wanted to know where he was and I had to explain that he wasn't born yet. He was skeptical.

I also read him Cinderella because our copy of it (Disney) has a bride picture at the end. Anyhow, everytime he sees white fabric he wants to know if I can be a bride. He keeps telling me that he wants to make me a dress because the mice made Cinderella a dress. He keeps telling me that he wants to be a bride too... and I say no, you get to be a groom. You get the bride. He was happy with that and has been asking daily if he could be a groom. He's very excited about having a wedding someday, which is funny only because he doesn't have the faintest idea what it's all about of course. He likes the idea of all the fanfare. He even suggested marrying Simone at one point. We were in stitches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home