Thursday, October 20, 2005

flower power

In my minimal amounts of spare time, I've been trying to garden a bit. Ro has been getting in on the action as well. My feeble looking perennials don't impress him and he feels the need to add a bit more glamor to the garden. So --- he's been pulling flowers of the cosmos and then replanting them. It actually looks really nice --- temporarily. The flowers are dead the next morning. He feels so good about helping that I don't have the heart to tell him that you can't replant picked flowers. He was pretty sad when he saw how dead looking yesterday's flowers were, so he planted another dozen or so today. Then he crawled around in the dirt to get down to flower level to tell me what they were doing. The white flower was giving the pink flower a hug. This flower was following this other flower, etc. It was really sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home