Wednesday, November 16, 2005

onion igloos and insatiable boo monsters

Sim can say a lot of words now. New this week are waffle and empty and animal. However, despite her wide vocabulary, 90% of what she says is BOO or NO. The kids at church act like Sim is a fearsome monster and run screaming away from her every time she says BOO! She's thrilled at all the reaction of course and now expects us all to run in fear when she's in monster mode at home.

I was chopping up onions in the kitchen and Ro came bursting in and got all excited thinking I was building an igloo. I hadn't really thought about it but onions really do look rather igloo-like. Ro wants to take all the little cubes and build an igloo but I thought it might cause his eyes to sting so I didn't let him.

In the last two weeks, I've spent unholy amounts of time imitating Kipper the Dog characters, which involves adopting a somewhat dim-witted style of British accent. I think I'm pretty good at it now. I'm not sure if that's a good thing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elaine said...

You're such a good and patient mom. I hope your mom is doing well after surgery.

2:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home