Sunday, December 04, 2005

On with the show


shepsheep, originally uploaded by skweerell.

It's time for the Christmas play at our church again. Ro was supposed to be a sheep but he flat out refused to even consider it or try on the costume. He kept saying, "I'm not a sheep! I want to be a leopard!" He meant shepherd but a leopard would liven up the play quite a bit and give the shepherds something to do. The play is kind of week and the kids can't act either -- so it gets a little painful to watch at points.

During practice, Ro was trying to get off stage at one point while the directress was telling him to stay. In a really anguished voice, he said, "I have to peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" Then, sort of fell to the floor. He had to go so bad he couldn't even walk anymore. I grabbed him and rushed him to the bathroom but it was too late. Fortunately, I had extra clothes with me. The whole time in the bathroom, he was begging to go back on stage and be a shepherd in the show again. He insisted on bringing the shepherd costume home with us too. Ro likes to play "catch the sheep". He gets up in his shepherd outfit and I dress Simone in her sheep costume and they play chase. When he catches Simone, he says " I caught the sheep!" and they start all over. Fortunately, they both enjoy this game. I don't expect Simone to spend much time on stage - but she is free to wander and be cute. Hopefully, she won't wreak any havoc on stage. She can be quite impish as you can tell from her expression.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home