Thursday, April 06, 2006

Trading Siblings


family portrait, originally uploaded by skweerell.

Ro was drawing a picture of our family today and he drew himself and then Daddy and then Mommy and then Sammy, Zedebia's son. I was a little baffled because he left out his sister. Then, he asked me to have a Sammy for him. I said Zedebia already had a Sammy so we couldn't make another one. Everyone is unique. Then, he suggested that we trade Simone in for Sammy because Zedebia wouldn't mind. I assured him that Zedebia would mind and I finally convinced him that I would miss Sim too much if she were gone. So, he eventually included her in the family picture. Strangely, Sammy is very tiny and possibly headless. Sim is a big, giant head like the rest of us. Even though he wants Sammy in the family, I guess he can see there's no real family resemblance.

I don't blame him for wanting to trade her in. We've had a really tough week with the little girl. She had a fever for three days and was super grumpy and grousey. The fever has subsided but it seems to have been the official kick off for the "terrible twos". I think she spent half of today screaming and throwing tantrums before collapsing into a three hour nap. ugh.

Roen really wants us to have more babies. I told him that I'm too tired and that two is a very good number. He said no. Three is the right number.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home