Thursday, June 08, 2006

candlelight dinners

We went to a 1800 house sort of experience with the kids where they could do laundry in tub with a scrub board, play graces, and see butter churned. Ro and Sim also made rolled wax candles out of beeswax sheets. They both loved them. We've been burning them at dinner every night. Ro was a bit distraught when he saw the candle melting but he got over it after a bit. I'm always looking for things I can make with him for Xmas gifts and I realized a candle making kit like this one would really do the trick for him. I think it's important to find something interesting for them to make.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Candles are always to nice to burn it seems. I have a ton still wrapped in pretty bows and styles like pigs that I can't seem to use. With the candlemaking kit it won't ever be a boo hoo feeling it can be a yay! time to make more candles kinda feeling :)

3:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home