Friday, February 18, 2005

Happy Birthday ! You old Kiss Bag

Ro got up this morning requesting his Kiss Bag. A bleary Daddy spent quite awhile trying to figure out what the heck he was trying to say. Originally, he assumed he was attempting a new word but then realized he really was saying Kiss Bag and he was referring to his heart shaped pouch of valentines from school. (Ever since Ro saw Elmo blowing kisses with hearts popping on a Sesame Street game, he's referred to hearts as kisses. I've tried converting him to using heart or valentine and he knows those are other words for the shape but he still prefers to call them kisses.) He and the other kids didn't really seem to grasp their first valentine exchange experience. However, he is really enjoying playing with them at home. I need to make more of a point of checking out books about holidays before they happen so he'll have a vague clue about what's going on. Is it just me or does Kiss Bag sound vaguely insulting. I guess because it reminds me of wind bag.

In other news, Sim is eight months old today. She was diagnosed with VSD (ventricular septal defect - i.e. a hole in her heart) when she was about a month old. Yesterday, a cardiology check determined that it had closed up on it's own. Hooray! We are very pleased.

It's so late and I am sooo tired. I haven't had time to write lately because of being sick or exhausted or having house guests. I should be asleep now. Unfortunately, Sim is currently screaming her head off and has been for over an hour -- so there's no point in even trying until she shuts up. It's after midnight now, which means it's now my husbands birthday too. Happy 30th. :)

We also discovered that Roen can spell "cake". I asked Daddy if he wanted to get some C-A-K-E somewhere and Ro went crazy shouting Yay! Cake! Birthday cake! Yay!

1 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

So sweet that Ro calls hearts kisses! And YAY for Simone!

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home