Monday, June 06, 2005

ghosts

Ro has a number of fixations - one of them being ghosts. I'm not sure where he gets it from because to my knowledge, the only ghost-related exposure that Ro has ever had is to a Thomas the Tank engine episode where Percy gets covered with flour and then tries to spook Thomas after Thomas scoffs at his ghost train stories. It's not too scary or anything and Ro doesn't seem scared but anytime we go anywhere darkish. Ro immediately starts babbling about ghosts. Yesterday, he was telling Daddy there were ghosts outside and later he was telling me the ghosts were in his room. I act surprised and tell him that ghosts usually stay away from our house because they're so scared of me. He told me the ghosts are scared of him too. I told him I wasn't suprised since he says "Boo!" so well.

Every time he starts up about ghosts. Daddy and I always look at each other and say "I see dead people" even though neither of us ever saw that particular movie. We just think it's a weird topic of conversation. Ro doesn't act nervous or anything though and there's plenty of things that do scare the crap out of him so ... I'm pretty sure he's just picked it up from somewhere but I don't know what. School?

2 Comments:

Blogger Elaine said...

Joaquin does that too. I'm not sure where he got it either. Scooby Doo? He's seen the Thomas episode too. We usually tell him ghosts are not real but it doesn't really help. And I can't believe you've never seen the dead people movie. It was one I really enjoyed but I've never see E.T. in it's entirety, so I'm not one to throw stones.

11:40 PM  
Blogger skweerell said...

I don't even remember what the "I see dead people" movie is. I just avoided it at the time because I thought it might be scary.

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home