Tuesday, June 21, 2005

walking frenzy

Sim is really into trying so hard to walk now. She's made a game out of it by walking from the couch to us and back again. She's so gleeful and obviously having so much fun doing it that Ro wants to play too. So, he does it too but he can't figure out what's so fun about it because the thrill of walking is long gone for him. He does enjoy having Sim walk to him though. It goes pretty well most of the time but sometimes she loses her balance and falls on him or they knock heads or something -- and then she's crying. She really hates getting hurt. One time Ro told her that he was going to be a doctor when he grew up so he would kiss her and she would be all better. It was really sweet and funny. Typically, he says he wants to be a firefighter when he grows up so I was a little surprised.

The fear of falling is what's really holding Sim back right now - otherwise she'd be all over the place. As it is, she's gripping me around the knees or holding on to my pants all the time and I have to inch around like a snail. I've found it a bit frustrating. It's hard enough to get any sort of cleaning or housework done without someone actually holding you back. Of course, when the house is really a wreck I just remind myself of the "hygiene hypothesis" and try to feel like I'm actually benefitting my children's health in some way. right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home