Monday, December 05, 2005

Tea and words

Sim is making her first attempts at multiple word expressions. As she watched Daddy pour syrup on the waffles, he wiped his finger on the edge of the bottle to pick up the last drop. Then, he licked it off his finger. Simone immediately started yelling, "No! Mine! More!!!!" Then, she licked her finger. Daddy was surprised and gave her a drop of maple syrup too. He didn't know that I give Sim little drops of honey on her finger if we happen to be making tea together.

A few mornings ago, Sim said, "All done Animal night night", which means she was all done sleeping in the room with the animals (i.e. her bedroom). She thinks of it as the animal room because that's the room we play with stuffed animals in and that's about it. I haven't really gotten her room together yet.

Sim loves tea and the whole process or ritual of making tea. She loves getting a drop of honey. She gets the tea out of the drawer, drops a bag in the cup and then puts the box away. When I open the fridge, she gets the milk. Then, she points at the sippy cup pieces that I need to get. It's cute. The only thing on her mind when she gets up in the morning is TEA, TEA, TEA, which she says over and over until I get it made. It's cute.

2 Comments:

Blogger skweerell said...

Thanks.
I weaned Simone over three weeks when she was 14 months old. She was down to three feedings a day at that point. Her morning feed was the hardest to drop. I had Daddy make her tea for a week. I started with Rooibos tea because it's used to treat colicky infants in South Africa. It has no caffeine and Sim loves it. I would avoid chamomile and black tea. Occasionally, I make Sim a very diluted light jasmine green and she likes that too. I mix all the teas up with milk and honey, which is ok after 12 months. good luck

12:13 AM  
Blogger Elaine said...

So cute! Looks like you have many tea parties in your future!

2:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home