Sunday, February 27, 2005

February wrap-up

I am so tired. I never have energy to write on top of all my other duties. Two kids is so hard. I feel pretty insane most of the time. Pluse, someone in the household has been sick every week this month. I think Ro currently has the flu but I'm not sure. He's the sickest he's ever been and acting ok sometimes and really freaky other times. So, these are some Ro notes I've jotted down but hadn't had time to write about. I need to write more about Sim. I promised myself that I would start drawing pictures again when she got her first tooth, which is when I started Ro's picture journal, but I haven't. I suck. I have so much other stuff going on right now.

Among other vehicles, Ro's really into garbage trucks. Our last trip to the supermarket, he hung on to the side of the cart and jumped down to fetch whatever groceries I wanted. He then ran back to put them into the "garbage truck". Then, he'd make all the appropriate hydraulic sound effects of the garbage being compressed. It really killed me. It was a very fun trip and he was quite helpful.

Because we've had a spate of pediatrician visits lately, Ro's been playing doctor a bit. I have a lot of plastic syringes kicking around, so he always wants to give me shots. Instead of the usual spots like the bottom or the upper arm, he prefers to give them right in the jugular and on each of my finger nails. Can you imagine really getting shots in any of those places? It would be too horrid. He also likes whacking on me with a toy hammer like a doctor hits your knee reflex. sigh.

This winter we taught Ro how to make snow angels. He's translated this into indoor play and now makes down blanket angels on our bed. It works quite well in a freshly fluffed down comforter. While watching him, I realized he has a lot of style in his method. We showed him how to do it by the standard method, which is just standing and falling over backward. Ro makes them by leaping forward and excuting a mid air spin and landing on his back. It's a pretty cool manouver indoors or out.

I took Ro and Sim to a juggling demo at the library. They both loved it. When we got home, I sat down to nurse Sim and Ro came running over to me with a huge armful of small toys like blocks, balls, lincoln logs, and such. He said, "Mommy, you juggle." I told him I didn't know how but Daddy would juggle for him when he got home. Then, he says, "Roey juggle!" and suddenly hurled all the toys up in the air. I was horrified and bent over to shield Sim from getting pelted. I should've seen that one coming.

1 Comments:

Blogger ljc said...

I am so glad you write all these little things down. They are the things that you forget about years later. You will be so glad you have them recorded.

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home